Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Will You Be My Valentine?


It's time to add mine to the cute stories posted all over blogger about Valentine's Day!  First of all, in previous years, Brock ALWAYS out-smarts me on Valentine's Day and surprises me way better than I surprise him.  So this year was going to be different- because I had the whole day off yesterday!  And he had work and school until 5!  Bwahaha.  But he still got me.  He snuck home and put roses and a box of chocolates in the kitchen when I wasn't looking!!!  It was ADORABLE.  Just look :)


But don't worry, I still had the rest of the day to get him!  So here's what I did.  I set up a scavenger hunt for him around the house to find all the Toy Story Valentines that would give him directions.  First he had to push "play" on the ipod (which had a cute playlist I made).  Then he had to go around the house, get dressed up in a nice shirt and tie I set out for him, then in the last room, he opened the door, and I was in the dress I wore to our High School Prom together, holding one of the roses he gave me, and I said, "Will You Be My Valentine?"  And gave him the last Toy Story Valentine. :)  I had set up the room so we could take cute pictures like we were at a dance, and then right on cue, my ipod playlist went to our "song"...  "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain.  So we danced, and it was wonderful  :)  Here's a couple pics...



I know, I know... it's TOTALLY cheesy.  But I decided that it's better to be cheesy and enjoy life than not be cheesy and not have any fun.  So I went all out on the cheesy factor, and I'm totally proud of it :-)  

Also, it's not over!  I got us a Heart-shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's!  And it didn't set off the smoke alarms (like last year: see here ) because we actually have a full size oven to cook it in hahaha!  It was very delicious :)  And then we walked to Smiths in our PJ's and got a redbox, snuggled up on the cuddle bag, and watched a movie and enjoyed WAY too much chocolate and candy ha ha ha.  It was a wonderful night.  I know everyone says this, but I really do feel like I am the luckiest girl in the world. I love you Brock Taylor!!!


1 comment:

  1. Aww... That is so fun! Loved your idea and I'm glad that pizza turned out better this year ;)

    ReplyDelete