Thursday, August 2, 2012

Positive Vibes

So, here's the scoop.  I was having one of those mornings... the emotional kind.  Because, as insanely grateful as I am for this blessing in my life, sometimes Pregnancy is just downright hard!

I am huge.  I am exhausted.  My back hurts.  My head hurts.  My shoulders hurt.  My legs feel weak.  My tummy hurts.  I can never find a comfortable position to be in.  I am soooooooooo hot.  My feet feel like fire.  I am always hungry and ALWAYS thirsty.  I pee all the time.  I cry all the time.  I never have enough energy to get everything done that I want to do.  And I still have FOUR MONTHS LEFT.

So, as grateful and excited as I am, there are days (like today) when I just feel discouraged.  So, I decided to pray for strength and peace.

Almost immediately, I started having positive thoughts pop into my head.  It was like an answer to my prayers reminding me to focus on the positives of life!  I'm calling them my positive vibes to turn my frown upside down :)

POSITIVE VIBES:


-My nephew Ben is the cutest thing on the planet.  I wish I could play with him all day.  That's what I have to look forward to with this guy!  Megh and Brad's story is a ray of hope in my life.  I love them so much and am so so so grateful for them.

-Most mommas have multiple children, which means that all this crap must be worth it.

-My husband is the sweetest, most loving and caring person alive.  He loves me so much and puts up with all my crazy emotions and just comforts me, and he works so hard to take care of our family.  It boggles my mind every day how I wound up with such and incredible man to share my life with.

-My family and in-laws are so sweet and loving and supportive.  And I hate how far away they all are, but at least we have modern technology so we can be in contact instantly even if it's not face to face.

-I have such incredible friends that I love so dearly and they just brighten up my life!

-I have a piano that I can play any time I want and I love it so much.

-I have the best job in the world.  I LOVE teaching.

-We are so blessed to be financially stable enough to buy the essentials our baby will need when he is born.  That has always been a worry of mine, so we set aside money a long time ago to make sure we would be okay and I am so grateful we are.

-I have chocolate in my cupboard :)

-December will get here fast because of the holidays and baby showers and preparations.

-I got wonderful happy emails and texts from friends and family today and am so grateful to be surrounded by such wonderful people!



And I'm grateful for my Positive Vibes!  If we remember to focus on the blessings in our lives, we will be able to get through anything and be happy :)

2 comments:

  1. Aubrey! I just love you and i'm so happy and excited for you! :) If you ever need to vent or want to chat with me you always welcome to call! I totally understand how you are feeling and how discouraging it can get, but it'll be so wonderful when you get to hold your little boy for the first time :) I love you dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Breefa, I just like you a whole lot.

    ReplyDelete