Sunday, October 2, 2011

Truth.



This weekend was LDS General Conference.  We had two days chucked full of amazing servants of the Lord telling us what we can do to improve our lives.  My highlights:

- Social Media?!  A theme throughout all of the talks!  We have these amazing tools for connecting and reaching out to people; it's easier than it's ever been.  Twitter, Facebook, Texting, Email, Video Chat, Mormon.org, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Blogs...  We should use them to spread the amazing joy of the Gospel to others.  Service and missionary work has never been so convenient!  Yay for the church being up with the times in technology!

- Stand constant and fearless.  I noticed a huge theme about the growing chasm between the standards of the world and the standards of the Lord.  We cannot stay in luke-warm water, in between the good and the bad.  We must make a decision to stand for what is right and resist the temptations that surround us.  Then we must have the courage and charity to share our knowledge and happiness with others.

- Families are Forever.  I have always loved the emphasis our church places on the family, and it was definitely reiterated in conference this weekend.  We must make our family a top priority, and cut out other things in our lives that get in the way of that priority.

- Busy does not equal productive.  This talk was very special to me because this is what I have been striving to embrace for the past year.  It has been my goal to change my life so that I prioritize what is most important, and cut out the unnecessary extra responsibilities that always creep up.  We should allow ourselves enough time to be well rested, enjoy family bonding time, grow closer to the Savior, and listen to spiritual promptings.  Sometimes we may have to cut out other responsibilities to make room for that, but I know from personal recent experience that it is so very worth it.


Those are the main things I took from conference.  Wasn't it wonderful?  Feel free to leave comments of your highlights of General Conference, I'd love to hear!  I am so very grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I know that Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet of God and receives modern revelation to guide us and help us in our every day lives.  I know that Jesus Christ lives, and that he personally knows and loves each one of us.  I am grateful to have the scriptures as such a wonderful tool to invite the spirit and peace into my life at any given moment.  I love the power of music and the wonderful spirit that hymns bring as we praise the Lord through song.  I am so grateful that I get to be with my husband, Brock, for eternity and for this wonderful church that supports us on our journey.  My name is Aubrey, and I'm blessed to be a Mormon!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, General Conference! I love your conference thoughts and I love that we played during priesthood session and I LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete