Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Walk By Faith

"To find one's own personal relationship with Heavenly Father, to never doubt that he guides the details of our lives, to be able in life's conflict to say, 'Thy will be done,' is the attaining of the ability to walk by faith.  This ability is something that each soul must find in his own way through the creative living - out of any and all trying experiences that may come along."

                                    - Sister Stella Oaks (Mother of Dallin H. Oaks)


This quote is very comforting to me today as I cope with a very recent trial in my life.  I was 12 weeks pregnant with our first child.  Last night I began feeling some severe pain and, well I won't share the details, but after meeting with the Doctor this morning we learned that we are no longer going to have a baby this summer...

I had a good meltdown, lots of tears last night and this morning.  Brock was able to give me a blessing last night that filled us both with an overwhelming feeling of peace.  I know without a doubt that my Father in Heaven is looking out for us and he knows what is best.  For whatever reason, this is an experience that needed to happen in our lives in order to strengthen our faith.  I am positive that it will serve as a strength to me later in my life.  It is definitely painful, but we have felt much strength from our loving and supportive family.  I know that there are thousands of families in the world who have gone through this painful experience, and my heart goes out to all of them.

We would greatly appreciate any prayers in our behalf, and we want to thank everyone who has shown so much kindness and love to us both during pregnancy and now as we struggle through this new turn in our lives.  I have confidence that we will eventually be blessed with children, and that this is just a trial along the way to help us "attain the ability to walk by faith."

6 comments:

  1. I sure love you and Brock. There are some trials in life that are very difficult to understand... Just know that you have a world of people who love you, and that ours prayers are united with yours right now! I miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear that. It is such a hard thing to go through. We will keep you and Brock in our prayers. We love you guys so much and you are truly amazing!!

    Andrea Boudrero & fam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Bree, I'm so sorry! You guys are in my prayers. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry Aubrey. I wish I could give you a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aubrey, I'm so sorry to hear about this. Lots of virtual hugs and prayers, coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I could give you a big hug. I'm so sorry you have to suffer this heartbreaking disappointment and I'm so grateful for your faith and testimony. Know how much I love you!

    ReplyDelete